Ways to Give Financially
“But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven… for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:20-21
Your generosity in giving makes possible the ministry of changing lives, transforming communities and renewing the church. All contributions are tax deductible. Here is a list of the many different ways to give to First Church:
Cash or Check
Make checks payable to “First United Methodist Church”
- Weekend Services – Collection during each worship service
- Mail – Send checks to: First United Methodist Church, 135 W. Simpson Street, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
- Drop off at church office – Monday-Thursday, 9 am-4:30pm, Friday, 9 am-12 pm
Systematic electronic giving from a checking or savings account (on a weekly, semi-monthly or monthly basis) allows you to easily give, even when you cannot be at church. To set this up please complete the following form and turn in to the church office.
On-line giving allows you to donate a one-time specific dollar amount to be charged automatically to your credit card or PayPal account, as you wish. If you would like to do this, simply scroll until you find the yellow “Donate” button on the left side of this web page.
The Endowment Fund was established to support the needs and expand the ministries of our congregation well into the future.
The Endowment Fund is permanent, with the intention of generating valuable annual income to help support the church. Only the interest generated by the fund will be used. The principal will remain untouched. This will help ensure the long-term financial stability and continued growth of First Church for future generations. Giving Options include:
- Cash contribution
- Bequest to First United Methodist Church in your will
- Charitable gift annuity (provides income to you for life)
- Memorial gifts
- Life insurance policy, naming First Church as the beneficiary
- Gift of real estate
- Transfer of assets, such as appreciated stocks, to First Church
Those who contribute to the Endowment Fund will be included in The Centennial Society in recognition of their support.
Gifts of at least $10,000 can be designated to a specific program or purpose, subject to the Endowment Fund Committee’s approval.
Click here to view the Endowment Brochure.
For More Information
Call the church at (717) 766-4611 or email the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org.